92 UGANDANS IN INTENSIVE CARE UNITS DUE TO COVID-19 SAYS DR. ATWINE
- Atleast 10 MPS are hospitalized
- Government allows families to bury their dead
As Uganda grapples with phase 4 of the deadly novel global Covid-19 pandemic , 92 Ugandans are fighting for their lives in intensive care units at Mulago and other regional hospitals according to the Ministry of Health Permanent Secretary , Dr. Diana Atwine.
Uganda again registered a new national record of 387 new Covid-19 cases. The cumulative cases are now 15,789. Figures shared by the Ministry of Health indicate that Kampala registered the highest number of infections at 221, Wakiso (46), Luwero (22), Masaka (14), Soroti (9) and Isingiro (8).
Others are Rubanda (6), Jinja (7), Pakwach (5), Busia (4), Tororo (8), Terego (3), Koboko (3), Yumbe (3), Arua (3), Mukono (6), Gulu (2), Mbale (2), Kyotera (2), Rakai (2), Paliisa (2), Namisindwa (1), Kayunga (1), Buikwe (1), Maracha (1), Kalaki (2), Bududa (1), Mpigi (1)
Dr. Atwine made a passionate appeal to all Ugandans especially during this political campaign season to avoid crowds and observe the set government SOPs to stem the spread of coronavirus. The virus has claimed the lives of well over 100 Ugandans and the recent one being the woman MP for Kamuli Municipality , Hajjat Rehema Wantogola .
Watongola, 54, succumbed to the pandemic a week after she was admitted to Mulago national referral hospital.
Watongola becomes the second MP to succumb to the corona virus after Pallisa district Woman MP, Faith Alupo who passed on in September 2020.
Sources intimidated to Ugandaupdatenews.com that another 10 MPs are suffering from coronavirus and many got infected during the campaigns become flag bearers .
- President Museveni signs Anti- homosexual law as America , Britain revokes Speaker Among’s visas - May 29, 2023
- OWNERS AND MANAGERS OF PRIVATE SECURITY ORGANIZATIONS COMPLETE COURSE IN STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP, THANK ISO FOR SECURITY PARTNERSHIP - May 29, 2023
- Uganda Airlines to fly Ugandans at reduced prices to mark heroes day - May 29, 2023